Hello, Reyes! I’m so glad you decided to stop by today. (Note: Subject seems annoyed if the stern look he cast the interviewer is any indication.)
This is a favor to a friend.
Oh, that’s wonderful, please thank “your friend” for me. She is such a doll. I’d like to ask you a few questions, I promise to not to take too much of your time.
1. It has become public knowledge that you are the son of Satan. Viewers and myself would like to know what is your true celestial age? (Note: More than a few crickets chirped before subject answered.)
You wouldn't be able to wrap your mind around it.
2. Can you describe what it was like to grow up in hell? (Note: Subject has a very powerful glare.) Could you at least describe it to us?
It’s three miles south of molten lava, right past agonizing death.
3. Oh. Ok. Next question. Do you look like your father?
I bear a strong resemblance to him, yes.
4. Do you have any brothers or sisters in hell?
Not that I know of, but I've been gone a long time.
5. How do you feel about your new apartment?
I like the view.
6. Seems like Charley has had some potential love interest in Garrett and Donovan. How has that made you feel? Especially Donovan as it seems like Charley was interested in him?
Maybe you should ask your next question.
(Note: Powerful glare can turn volatile on a dime.)
7. If you could have a "do over" moment with regards to Charley, what would that moment be and why?
I thought this interview was about me.
(Note: Yep, volatile.)
8. If you had to describe your feelings for Charley in 5 words, what would they be?
9. Can you share with us something that no one knows about you, not even Charley?
No. Can you tell me what will happen to you if you ask another question about Charley?
10. (Note: Interviewer did not answer as she felt subject’s question was rhetorical.) I just have one more question. Why are you on earth? What role do you play in the war between good and evil?
First, that’s two questions. Second, because. Third, if you listen to gossip, a big one. Thankfully, I don’t listen go gossip. I suggest you do the same.
Thanks again Reyes, for stopping by and taking the time for this interview. Uhm, very insightful.
There you have it! I played it cool but was a nervous wreck inside! Would I do it again? Sit across the Son of Satan and ask him a bunch of questions? Hell yeah! What did you think? If you haven't read "Fifth Grave Past the Light", what are you waiting for? New to the series? It's awesome and I highly recommend it! Now, read a bit more below and don't forget to enter the giveaway!
(Charley Davidson #5)
By Darynda Jones
Charley Davidson may not look like your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper, but she has vowed to reap grimness wherever she goes despite this unfortunate fact. Sadly, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. As he is the main suspect in her arson case, she is determined to stay away from him until she can find out the truth. According to her therapist, however, she lacks conviction.
When dead women start appearing in her apartment - lost, confused and terrified beyond reason - Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes's help, especially when it becomes apparent that her own sister Gemma is the serial killer's next target. With his ability to observe incorporeally, surely he can find out who's responsible. And even if he can't, he is the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return: Charley. All of her - body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay…
Available for purchase at
About the Author:
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious Golden Heart®, a Rebecca, two Hold Medallions, a RITA ®, and a Daphne du Maurier, and she has received stellar reviews from dozens of publications including starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist, and the Library Journal. As a born storyteller, Darynda grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike, and she is ever so grateful for the opportunity to carry on that tradition. She currently has two series with St. Martin’s Press: The Charley Davidson Series and the Darklight Trilogy. She lives in the Land of Enchantment, also known as New Mexico, with her husband of almost 30 years and two beautiful sons, the Mighty, Mighty Jones Boys.
You can find Darynda here: